I’m starting to think the old ‘I just had a baby’ excuse is wearing a little thin when it comes to my weight! My daughter is 16 weeks old and I swear at times you’d think I was adopting the eating for two attitude that happens during pregnancy.
I decided this morning that enough is enough and I’m tired (literally!!) of struggling to get dressed in the mornings because I’m not comfortably fitting into my pre-pregnancy clothes, nor my pregnancy clothes. Leggings can only take a girl so far!
So, the only thing I know will help my waistline, my energy, my skin, and my moods, is to give up the white stuff! My dear old friend, sugar. We’ve had fun together over this last year, we were together every day, but it’s time to say good bye.
This isn’t my first time letting go, hence I’m hoping it may be easier this time round, though secretly I know that won’t the the case. Sugar is addictive and effects your body and life in ways you can’t imagine.
During the next 12 weeks I will be keeping a daily blog of how I am travelling; the highs and lows, the effect on my moods, my weight, my energy levels, and my overall experience of living sugar-free. My goal is to improve my quality of life by losing weight, obtaining more energy, having a more stabilised mood, improving my overall physical health, and rebuilding my self-confidence.
- I will not consume any food or drink that contains more than 5g of sugar per 100g or 100mls. The idea behind this is that we are limiting the amount of fructose (the bad sugar!) that we consume. Dairy is the only exception given that the first 4.7g per 100g in dairy is lactose. Therefore, we would minus 4.7g from the total per 100g in any dairy product.
- I will not consume any form of junk or processed food for 12 weeks.
- I will limit my fruit consumption to a maximum of 2 whole fruits per day (no dried fruit). A lot of research suggests no fruits during the detox phase, however I enjoy my fruit and don’t feel it is something that I need to learn to live without.
- I will not consume any soft drink, fruit juice, or other beverages that contain sugar.
- I will continue to educate myself on the benefits of living sugar free
Wish me luck! And my family, from memory, I was a little crazy in the early days without my sweet friend!!
Oh, and by the way, I already had a chocolate bar today in preperation for what tomorrow brings!! Hmm…not sure that’s a good start!!